27 November, 2006

Printer profiling


Well, this one isnt terribly interesting, but it is something we have to do for Printing class. So this is a file you can download from any colour management company, and it has no "colour space" attached to it ( the computer doesnt adjust things) all the colours are known to be certain values. so I then print this out on a printer. Then I take the print and put it through a spectral analizer, which measures the colour values of each square. then the computer program that runs the analizer builds a file that adjusts the settings in the computer to make the printed colours fit what they are supposed to look like. it's a bit of a process, but when I'm done I should be able to just hit print and have very little colour correcting to do to make my prints look right.

1 Comments:

At 14:18, Blogger Jennith said...

Ooooh. That is so CSI.

Was it a serial printer or a USB?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home