11 October, 2007

Alternitave Processes


for our History and Design class this year, we are actually learning various types of alternative processes. so far we have been shown the Van Dyke process, the Salted print, and the Cyanotype process. I have made some images using the Cyanotype process already, although I need to finish the project still.
almost all of these processes are contact prints. Which means that we have have a negative th same size as the print we want to make. This image is of a Digital negative I made for this project. I have to take a picture, change it to greyscale, change the colour range from B&W to white & kind of a peachy colour (Which blocks the specific wave lengths of colour that the processes are sensitive to). Then I had to print it on a sheet of special plastic with an emulsion on it that absorbs inkjet ink. then I had my negative!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home